How to prepare your shirts for shipping
1. Wash them please. Any stains you send me will go into the quilt.
2. Label them "front", "back", or "both" so I will know what you want for the quilt. Otherwise I will use the side I like best.
3. Don’t cut them in advance. If they are pre-cut contact me and we will make it work.
1. These quilts make great graduation and going away gifts for students.
2. I can use the fronts or backs of t-shirts or both.
3. I can combine several small designs into one block. This includes sleeves and pockets. This is an additional service.
4. Turn around time is 6-8 weeks, depending on my current schedule.
5. I can use sweat shirts to make squares.
6. You may provide your own fabric for backing and sashing.
7. The cost for fabric usually runs between 20 and 40 dollars depending on the size of the quilt and the price of the yardage.
9. Out of town orders will be returned C. O. D.
10. If you have shirts with a lot of different background colors, a solid color border is usually best.
11. If you have mostly gray and white shirts, a small print border works well with a solid color backing.
12. If there is a large print fabric you especially like it will do well as the backing with a small print or solid border around the shirts.
13. Choose the color you like best for the fabric choices. It will be evenly distributed throughout the quilt and will tie all the shirts together. Somehow it always just works.
14. I always pre-wash the fabrics to avoid shrinking later. I also add a little vinegar to the wash to avoid fading later.
15. The quilts are as washable as the fabric and shirts you provide to me. Most do just fine in the washer and dryer as long as you don’t let them sit in the wash waiting for the dryer.
16. Older shirts that are becoming thin and worn actually do really well in the quilt thanks to the backing I put on the squares.
17. I can repair small holes in your shirts. This is an additional service
Do you have any questions or comments about our services? Send them to us. We would love to know what you think.